5 Ingredient Marvellous Mushroom Sauce!
You’ll forever ditch the store bought mushroom sauce once you try this! .
This 5 ingredient mushroom sauce is rich and decadent, but most importantly, simple.
20 minutes and 1 pot seems worthy of such a delicious sauce doesn't it? .
Our mushroom sauce recipe goes great with pasta, served over meat (pork, steak, chicken), baked potatoes or even french fries.
1/2 lb fresh white or brown mushrooms, sliced
1 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp flour (any type works)
1 cup organic mushroom broth (or substitute chicken or beef bone broth)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. Add mushrooms and saute until golden and soft, 5-10 minutes.
3. Add flour and organic mushroom broth to your pan.
4. Stir / gently whisk until your flour roux is thickened and mixed well (1-2 min).
5. Bring to simmer.
6. When gravy is at desired consistency, remove from heat (it will thicken slightly as it cools). .